Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Competition Entry


I entered a picture into the Creative Catalyst Productions online show. By my count there were 115 entries - and I won an honorable mention! – so I felt good about that! Check it out at: ccpvideos.com/artshows/.

The judge was Janie Gildow who has some amazing colored pencil work and has written some very informative (and beautiful) books. I had originally thought to enter a picture of marbles – until I saw her picture of marbles and thought otherwise. Figured she would think I was copycatting her to get entered – and let’s face it, compared to her marbles mine were nothing special.

My picture is of my grandfather’s shaving mug and roses on lace and is casein on watercolor board.

No comments: