Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, July 23, 2015

BEGINNING SUNFLOWERS

Both classes have started a sunflower painting.  Here are the starts from the morning class - using fluid acrylics!

I'm providing the paints, brushes and palettes (styro plates) for them to experiment with since none have used the fluid acrylics before and I hate for people to spend a lot of money just to try something.  I have an array of these paints, primarily DaVinci and Chroma, but a few Golden thrown in - they are smaller size so I'm thinking they came into my possession via the Golden company's demonstration and give away programs.
If they like it, I'm sure they will be going out to purchase MORE PAINT - just what we all need, right!!!

All of the paintings are from our first day of working on them.  Mine is in there somewhere but I can't tell which it is without looking at the back where I wrote the student's name.   I know mine is NOT the best looking one!

So far they seem to be enjoying this experience.  Not everyone will be here each week - but I'll try to keep up with photos as the weeks pass.








No comments: