Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Sunday, August 1, 2010

BEST OF AMERICAN WATERMEDIA and GEORGIA WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

Well, I didn’t really believe it until my book came, but two of my paintings - Sunlit Pears II (casein) and Roses on Grandma’s Quilt (watercolor) have been published in Best of American Watermedia J-Z! I’m very flattered – to be in a book with Chris Krupinski, Pablo Villicana Lara, Laurin McCracken, and many other fine painters. And by no means am I comparing myself to them – I’ve got quite a way to go for that! As my daughter told me “You better step up your game, Mom!”

But, still, I’ll take compliments wherever I can get them!

My congrats also to Chris Beck who is in the volume A-I.

In addition - my painting Agave (watercolor) has been accepted into the Georgia Watercolor Society Juried Members Exhibition - the juror was Linda Baker.

13 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Wow! Deb, this is absolutely wonderful!what a super boost for your artistic career. Well-deserved honors!

Vicki Greene said...

CONGRATULATIONS! (yes I shouted) I am delighted for you. You have worked hard and your work is beautiful. Well deserved I say.

Lisa Walsh said...

A very heartfelt and well deserved congratulations, Deb! You deserve to be amongst those artists. Your game is already stepped up, as shown by your Agave painting. It is absolutely stunning!

RH Carpenter said...

Well, you're getting too famous for me, Deb, you'll have to not tell anyone we are friends in case they think you are slumming!!
Congratulations - and very well deserved, lady!!

debwardart said...

Christiane, Vicki and Lisa - thanks to you all. Don't know about boosting my artistic career, but it did boost my ego a little! However, around these parts, ego boosting is pretty short lived and I'm back down on planet Earth again. (But still pretty happy!)
Rhonda - your statement is not true and you know it!!! Win some, lose some, just keep on plugging away - that's my motto!!

Mary Sonya conti said...

Well deserved Lady! Absolutely wonderful!

Ann Buckner said...

Wonderful, wonderful, Deb! Congratulations. Love the Agave painting.

Gary Keimig said...

Congratulations are certainly in order, Deb. Great news but is not luck as I have to believe a lot of thouht and hard work has gone into what you are accomplishing.
Thanks for the comment on my art blog. It has been a while since I have done a wildflower but do a number of them and the mountains are alive in color this time of year so can't pass up the opportunity.
I really like what you are doing in those award winning paintings. God bless and keep it up.

debwardart said...

Sonya, Ann and Gary - as always, thanks for the compliments.
Gary - I "think" I'm working hard - but the family may think I'm hardly working!

Kathy Wirth said...

Congrats on both counts!!

Chris Beck said...

Nice to see you getting this recognition in the "Best of" books -- plus I just love the agave and am pleased it was accepted into the show.

debwardart said...

Chris - Thanks for taking time to check out and comment on the blog - even the old posts! I greatly value your comments.

Deb Léger said...

a thousand congratulations, Deb! It's a very well-deserved honour!!