Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, December 18, 2008

MY HOME SCHOOL CLASS

When I decided to teach “kids” – middle school through high school age – I wasn’t sure what I was getting into. Well, turns out the kids were a lot of fun to be around. They take learning seriously, asking intelligent questions and trying very hard to “get it right”.

I was invited to come to their fall program on the final evening of classes, so that was “date night” for my husband and me. There were two choirs – elementary and jr/sr high. I expected the older kids to do well and they did (most of my art students were also in the choir) but we couldn’t believe the fantastic job the younger kids did – not only learning the songs but putting choreography with them!

After the program it was off to see what all of the classes had been up to. Each class had a display area and the watercolors looked pretty good, having been “matted” on construction paper and hung on a display board. Then over to the food line for some home made desserts. It made for a different but really fun evening.

Here are some of the students hard at work (or hardly working!)


No comments: