Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, October 23, 2009

SIAG Art Show

Another show - last weekend! (This is my first chance to blog all week! - better late than never!) Those are my pears to the right of Steve in the photo above.
This is the Southeastern Indiana Art Guild show at the Lawrenceburg, IN library. The work is very good, overall, with a lot of mediums represented. This group has several shows a year and the local library always purchases at least one painting at each show. Unfortunately not mine!
If you live in the area get down to see this show - it is spread out on both levels of the library and will run through next Friday. And as a bonus - you can get a cup of "joe" at Hava Java coffee shop on the first level. Enjoy!
*Note - my work will only be there until sometime Wednesday - I have to take it down earlyTaking a rest - Sharon, Carolyn and friend (?) - 2 paintings behind chairs - Sharon's watercolor on left and Cindy's oil seascape on right.Paintings on main floor and 2nd floor - you can barely make out my trains upstairs!

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Good art and good coffee, too - I'll definitely make it over to see this :)

Ginny Stiles said...

What a light airy library! Have you posted the pears and the trains before? I'd like to see them up close. I went to your labels and hit "pears" and wow...up came that huge pear canvas with all the little pears. How cool is that!!!

debwardart said...

I've posted pears before - I just didn't use labels for while - that painting is probably way back at the beginning - it is also on my website.