Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, April 20, 2017

THURSDAY W I P

Next comes a series of layers.  It is very important to let the painting dry completely between washes.


Next I began to show the bricks with quick swipes of color.
Then more definition of the bricks and beginning to add the shadows and grass areas.

3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Deb your negative painting is fabulous. All that detail and the work in the brick is making this painting come alive. Hope you have a great weekend.

laura said...

No one but you would have the patience to figure out and paint those bricks!
Love the chairs--they remind me of your lace, which you know I am in awe of.

debwardart said...

Thanks Deb.
Laura - too funny! I'm enjoying your fresh florals, too.