Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, June 27, 2008

Yupo Peony


Here’s my latest – done in Yupo. (Below are the stages of "transformation").

Those of you who know me know that I am not a Yupo lover. However, one of my students wanted to try it, she had heard so much about it. I figured I couldn’t go wrong by painting a flower, and I’m really quite satisfied with it.

For you “Yup-ors” – you may be able to detect the fact that I used a foam roller and some alcohol but don’t know all the tricks - don’t have any of the George James videos, don’t plan to get them either! (Although, never say never). I even managed to glaze in a few spots (my favorite way to paint).

So, feel free to pick it apart and let me know what I should have done. (Just don’t expect me to do it!)







1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

LOL! For someone who hates Yupo, I think you did very well on this, Deb :)