Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I (Don't) LIke Ike!

Thanks to (the remains of) Hurricane Ike through our area today, my computer is off and I'm using my husband's, meaning I have no access to photos, etc. Oh well.

We were lucky, according to the TV news. The Greater Cincinnati area has 600,000+ customers without power, tons of damage, schools and businesses closed - may take a week for them to get power back. And since a good many of the Duke Energy employees are down south helping out Ike's other victims, it will take them a while to return here to help out at home.

Spent a good portion of the day running outside to grab something else that was blowing across the yard. We were lucky, though. We have a generator, and so had power, and other than a couple of overhead fans broken, a piece of aluminum dangling and tons of trees down around the property (barring any more damage my husband finds tomorrow morning) we will survive. Our poor little fruit trees look like mid-winter - completely stripped of their leaves!

Well, enough of the weather report here in breezy southeastern Indiana . . . Just didn't want to be out of the "blog-o-sphere" for too long, but looks like it may be a few days before I can post more photos.

In the meantime - I have two show openings this weekend:
Queen City Art Club opening on Saturday, 6-8 p.m. at Kennedy Heights Arts Center on Montgomery Road
Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society show opening on Sunday, noon - 4 at Sharon Woods Nature Center

If you are in the area, hope you can make one of them!

No comments: