Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SHOW OPENING AND APRIL FOOLS

Part of the crowd at the Woman's Art Club opening, eagerly awaiting the awards ceremony.
Sunday was April Fool's day - and our local area weather played a great joke on us, since . . . .

Sunday dawned gray, foggy, damp and cold (barely 40 deg.)!  But, meeting friends for one of our local Sunday breakfasts was a treat - not to mention yummy sausage patties, country ham, and omelette to order - cooked by the gentlemen of our local conservation club.  Yes, I said gentlemen!  That's actually one of the reasons I like to go - to watch the guys flip the omelettes up in the air and catch them in the pan - they are pretty good at it!

Anyway - following breakfast - with a surprise appearance from one of our other friends - I bundled up and read through art mags until it was time to leave for the Woman's Art Club opening.  I barely noticed that it was getting brighter outside, but when I went upstairs to change clothes I noticed how sunny it was getting - and how warm! 

Turned out to be a beautiful day - sunny and warm (75 deg) after beginning with that awful start - as though April 1 really was saying "April Fool's, you thought it was going to be a yukky day but . . . GOTCHA!"

So . . . it also turned out to be a great day for an art opening!  The Woman's Art Club of Cincinnati show opened from 1-4 (see my sidebar for more info) and I, along with many others, attended the opening.

I had just stepped inside the door when a cohort from the Cincinnati Art Club grabbed me for a chat; then on my way to the ladies room (my first stop on any formal occasion!!!) I was stopped again by another friend, her husband, and my good friend Rhonda and her husband Jerry Carpenter! 

After leaving the ladies' room, my plan was to go slowly around the room to view the show.  Didn't happen!  People kept coming up to me and chatting and before you knew it, it was time for the awards (none for me!).  More chatting and, then, suddenly, the room was almost empty! 

I finally got a chance to walk around and take a few photos before I left.
My painting, "Secrets of the Geishas" is inside the arch, second from left.

6 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Deb, the show looks wonderful and the venue is beautiful.

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Everything is so well hung and shows so beautifully. Really lovely. Your Geishas look great on the wall. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day.

Gaylynn said...

Congratulations on getting into the show!

martinealison said...

De très belles salles pour cette magnifique exposition. Vous aviez exposé une très belle oeuvre.
gros bisous à vous.

debwardart said...

Christiane, thank you - it is an old barn that has been refurbished and they did a great job.
Nancy, thanks - I did get some compliments on the painting - which made my day!
Gaylynn, hope you get a chance to see the show - I miss seeing you!
Martine said: Beautiful rooms for this magnificent exhibition. You had a very beautiful work presentation - Thank you, it's a great space.

Kim Vanlandingham said...

We just got back in town and I'm still trying adjust to the cooler weather...though it's been warmer this year than usual. Looks like it was a great opening. Wish I'd been there. I hope to get more involved this year with either CAC or WAC. I've not been to the new WAC center yet.