Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, June 19, 2014

THE CLOCK - 2

At this point, I have added color over all and started the background with the lace.

Here is the clock and start of the rose.

This is where the painting remains - and will probably stay at this stage for a while since it needs lots more work.  The background is very amateur-ish and obviously needs work, and the clock has no "glass" and the rose is too sharp featured and probably draws too much attention away from the clock face.

As I said - needs lots more work! 

3 comments:

Arti said...

Awesome work on the lace and the clock..tremendous detail.how much time did you spend on this so far,Deb? And what brushes do you use for the delicate details? Would love to know :)

Christiane Kingsley said...

Deb, this is already awesome!

debwardart said...

Thanks Arti and Christiane.
Arti - I'm using a #6 Silver Brush Black Velvet brush - and I love those brushes.