Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, July 31, 2014

THE ARTIST'S MAGAZINE COMPETITION

Just found out that two of my paintings - Yin Yang Mums (watercolor) and Oriental Roses (fluid acrylic) have been accepted into The Artist's Magazine 31st Annual Art Competition as finalists in the Still Life/Interior category.

There were 7,500 competition entries - and they chose TWO of mine!  WOW!!!

So, my name will appear in the list of finalists in the December 2014 issue - no picture, though, since I didn't win an award - but still - kinda cool.  Especially when you consider how many paintings were entered.

YYM appears at the top of my blog - and you are probably tired of seeing it!  Here is Oriental Roses - which you've seen before!  


6 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

CONGRATS to YOU....AWESOME work = )

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations!!!! I hope you get some more publicity - perhaps shown off in an article later in the magazine :)

Barb Sailor said...

This news is mind-blowing!!! I am so happy for you and Kudos and congratulations for this accomplishment.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Congratulations, Deb! A well-deserved honor!

Ginny Stiles said...

Oh my gosh, Deb. This is so so cool!
I am SO proud of you.
Both are knock your socks off gorgeous!!!

debwardart said...

Thanks to all of you!