Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, June 22, 2015

HYDRANGEAS IN WATERCOLOR

My classes spent a couple of weeks working on watercolor with pen and ink.

The first week we dropped watercolor onto our paper in the approximate shape of a hydrangea.

Then we "found" the hydrangea petals and leaves, using a Micron pen to outline them.
This was my "show and tell" for them - the colors are too bright.
This one done in class as a demo is better, I think.
The next week we first drew the outlines, then added our watercolor.
My demo for this technique.
Here are a couple of the students' work - I forgot to photograph them during class, and some forgot to bring them back the next week!



After some minor "wailing and whining" they all did a fine job!
Here are a couple more that I just got yesterday!


1 comment:

Carol Blackburn said...

I bet they really enjoyed that class. Even with some whining and wailing going on. LOL