Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, June 15, 2015

HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION

Where I spent my summer vacation!
I'm back - and it's about time!

Finally have caught up after a fun and work filled art retreat at the beginning of June.

Once again the 6 of us traveled to Tennessee somewhere on Lake Norris (it's even a mystery to me - somehow we find our way there and back!)

We spent a week painting, eating, drinking, talking, laughing and crying - catching up on our year away from one another.  And, we produced some amazing artwork.  I think we bolster each other and create an amazing "good vibe" when we are together.  Seems each year the paintings created there get into shows and win awards.

If you don't already get together with some art friends - you NEED to.  It's not a luxury, it's a vital part of the painting experience.

It doesn't have to be a week - it could just be a day here and there that you spend painting and talking art, learning from one another, getting some good critiques on your work.

Anyway, enough lecturing!

Not too many photos to show, but a glimpse of our week (and I didn't get photos of all of the wine bottles and food - unlike SOME of us did!!!)  I tell people that "I don't drink" - but you probably couldn't prove that in Tennessee!!  Seems I imbibe enough that week that I'm good for the year!  (Seriously, a glass of wine at dinner and maybe a White Russian before bed . . . . )

So, here are a few photos for you to enjoy.  Soon I'll have up a post of one of the paintings I worked on that week.

Each year gifts are given.  One of my contributions this year was a kimono for everyone
so we can look gorgeously elegant during breakfast.  Here are the ladies posing in their new attire.
(In case any are in  Witness Protection only their backs are shown to protect the innocent!)

Artists hard at work creating masterpieces!

The last night, once the tables are broken down and supplies put away,
we have a "gallery wall" and critique.
By my count 26 paintings from 6 artists - in ONE WEEK!

Let me introduce Miss Prude to you - topknot and all!
(NOTE:  This is what you get when your friend grabs your camera without your knowledge)
So, beware - let this be a lesson to you -  never leave your camera unattended!

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Wah wah wah, I want a kimono, too!!! LOVE all of the paintings - you all are so good and really do step up even more when you are together. Will have to come over to see your paintings in person.

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Deb-Those kimonos are wonderful. I bet everyone had fun wearing them. This sounds like such fun and looks like there was lots of lovely art produced. Have a super day.

Arti said...

Wow such lovely paintings..looks like you all had a terrific time out there:)