Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, May 16, 2016

FRUSTRATION!

Seems that my pictures are no longer going into my trusty old Kodak software - why I have no idea.  I swear that right after the Big Computer Migration that all worked as I have two uploads to prove it.  Now, however, such is not the case.

Woe is me.

Until I'm able to get the photos already in the computer reorganized, locating pictures is a real detective saga.  I have to guess what  year it may have been, then what month, then begin searching that way until I stumble upon the photos I want.  Crap.

In the meantime my books arrived from Amazon - "Windows 10, the Missing Manual", has a whopping 673 pages, while "Word 2016 for Dummies" only has a mere 369!

So between working up classes, searching for and organizing photos in the computer, attempting to type info for the GCWS show while using Word in Windows 10 with periodic searches for info in the new book, trying to find time to paint for myself, general living, etc. I'm more than a little frustrated.

There's gotta be a better way.



4 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

The "better way" is Apple my luv.
Suck it up, save your money and get yourself a nice Mac laptop.
Now, I am not saying that crap doesn't happen there too…it can and it does.
BUT not nearly so often and it is so much friendlier to work with.

I sympathize as your photos and stashing them is really a problem.
But trying to read a 673 page on a Windows program…THAT is nuts.

martinealison said...

Bonsoir,

Grrr... Je comprends votre rage...
Je suis désolée en ce moment je n'ai pas beaucoup de temps et je délaisse un peu mon ordinateur... J'espère revenir plus régulièrement très bientôt.

Gros bisous ❀♡❀

RH Carpenter said...

Sorry you're having such problems with Windows 10. I hope the books help a lot! I have refused to upgrade so far - but, of course, Microsoft will MAKE us do it at some time...

debwardart said...


Martine says: Grrr ... I understand your anger ... I'm sorry now I did not have much time and I forsake a little my computer ... I hope to come back regularly very soon.
Thank you!!! Frustration crosses all language barriers!
Ginny - I don't plan on reading the whole manual, just using it for a reference as needed. I'm not THAT crazy!!! The Word for Dummies has come in handy already!
Thanks Rhonda. Not sure if problem is Windows or something got lost in the "migration" of the photos. Who really knows . . .