Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, July 28, 2016

THURSDAY PAINTING (W I P)

This painting comes from a photo taken several years ago in Lawrenceburg, IN.  One evening my husband and I were coming home and the evening sun was shining just right on an old house that I had never really noticed before.  We stopped and I took several photos of the front of this old brick house which had been painted over in white and which was obviously showing wear.

Every now and then I would think about painting this, but never got around to it.  Just recently I realized that someone has purchased the place and spiffed it up.  In other words, all of the charm of the old, worn out paint is gone!  Good thing I took the photo when I did!

I have high hopes for this one, even hoping that my greenery will turn out well - we shall see!

If anyone knows the names of the fancy concrete work on the sides of the windows, please let me know!

No comments: