Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, May 25, 2017

THURSDAY W I P

After some deliberation, I decided to paint this one using fluid acrylics.

I put a thin line of miskit around the edges of the eggs.  I like Pebeo Drawing Gum, which is the gray line you see in the photo.  Then I put down a piece of blue painter's tape along the edge of the carton and began painting

I used a piece of sponge to get the stippling effect on the dish towel.
Now it's time for some real fun - C O L O R.  And, for me, the added fun of the preciseness of the letters!

It was also fun to mix colors to get as exact a representation of the actual colors on the carton as possible.

1 comment:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Deb - I think this will be a wonderful painting. Looking forward to seeing the end result. Have a great day.