Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, June 26, 2017

ART RETREAT 2

Of course presents were exchanged.

Since I have been heavily into crochet, most of mine were crocheted objects, but not all.

Here are baskets I made - different sizes and shapes - one for each of my friends.  Some began using the baskets right away - filling them with pastel pencils or pens - or their drink glass!  I told my friends to use them until they "dissolve"!  I'm still new at this and not sure I always finish off the way I'm supposed to.


Another gift was a neat journal I found last year just after that retreat.  I'm just proud of myself that I was able to keep track of them and not lose them over the course of the year!  The one below is one I kept for myself; the others all had different designs.  These are nice because they have a zipper where you can store your pens.


2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Deb the gifts you hand make for others is certainly the best of all. These are truly lovely and I am sure your friends are enjoying them. Neat looking journal too. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Hugs!

Constance.hildebrand56@gmail.com said...

Love this article. Am new to crochet...do you have directions for your colorful baskets and what material did you use? Thanks! They are darling.