Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, May 12, 2008

Peony

This image is of a tree peony flower done in fluid acrylic on canvas. It was in the Kennedy Heights Arts Center Guild Show which came down last weekend. It sold! Yippee!

I have done a couple other peony paintings and will probably do more - I just think the flowers are so beautiful. But it seems like when they bloom we always get some severe rain and thunder storms - my imagination, or is it that they happen to bloom at the same time of year that we are prone to get bad weather?

My grandmother always told me that when the hydrangeas (she called them "snowball bushes")bloom we will have cool weather and she called it "Snowball Winter". Again, seems to me that she was right - we do seem to get cool weather then. Some time ago I attempted to paint some hydrangea blooms and failed! I'd like to try that again.

No comments: