Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CORNY 2

I poured Daniel Smith quin. gold, quin. burnt orange, sap and thalo and then, even though I know I shouldn’t, I touched in a bit of quin. rose in what I wanted to be my center of interest. Well, of course it got a little muddy – duh.

After that dried, I poured more of the same colors, except for the rose.

When that was dry I began painting in the upper left corner, basically from left to right and top to bottom – again using my handy viewfinder.

I have no idea why I want to do things like this – I have an astigmatism and refuse to wear my glasses most of the time, so this type of thing is a real challenge!

4 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

What a glorious challenge, and the colors look fine on my screen. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

RH Carpenter said...

Well, life must not be challenging enough for you as it stands, Deb, so you have to create hurdles you can leap over :) This looks good to me - glad you are painting it instead of me, though!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Your pours look very good. What a great start. The complexity of the subject is sure to keep you busy for a while. I can't wait to see your next progress pictures.

debwardart said...

Complex and challenging - yep, what was I thinking!!! And yet, oddly great fun to be doing!