Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, June 28, 2010

DAFFODILS COMPLETE

Here is the daffodil painting completed at the retreat.  At least I think it's done - what do you think about the background???  Too splotchy???  Any other comments???
Daffodils and Fruit, fluid acrylic, 16x20

8 comments:

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

It doesn't look splotchy to me at all Deb, just enough abstract variation to not make it bussy nor boring, nice, BTW That flower's vase deserve a close up look!

Ginny Stiles said...

I love the splotchy background although I might consider changing the values in the splochiness from the top right corner (lighter?) It's nice and dark behind the daffodils. Those bananas are amazing. I could never paint bananas. They always look like yellow blobs when I try.

Lisa Walsh said...

I vote for keep the background as is, but perhaps make it a tad darker behind the daffodils - it'll create a gradient across the background and make the daffodils stand out even more. Great work, Deb!

RH Carpenter said...

Not splotchy at all - love it and the warm fruit against the cool blues and that vase!!! Oh, I want that vase :) I like the color of the shadows, the glow of the table...well, shoot, I think you've got a winner here!!

Christiane Kingsley said...

I really like the background! This is a very nice painting: the pear especially hs so much transparency! Gorgeous.

debwardart said...

Thanks all! I'll take the suggestions for the background under advisement and if I make any changes will post them.

jyothisethu said...

the vase is having the effect that it seems to be in 3d...
the plate and fruits are natural and fantastic...
i think all this because of the way in which the table and background is painted...

congrats...

debwardart said...

Thank you jyothisethu!