Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SOLD!

Just received notification that my painting "Blue Pitcher and Pears on Lace" (see post on April 24, 2010) was sold at the Georgia Watercolor Society National Exhibit!  It had also won an award (maybe why someone wanted to purchase it??)
Anyway - I'm very excited (can you tell!!) - but also a little sad.  You know how you have a few special paintings that surpass your expectations - that was one of mine - so I'm glad it sold but still a little sad not to see it again.

13 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Congratulations,Deb! I am not surprised that that painting has won an award and that it has sold. It's a super painting. I also understand that part of you would be a bit sad since that painting was in fact part of you!

RH Carpenter said...

I'm not the least bit surprised that it sold - gorgeous painting!! Just take that sadness and drown in a good bottle of something bubbly as a celebration :)

debwardart said...

Thanks for the votes of confidence!
Rhonda - I'll celebrate next week with good friends and good wine!!!

Vicki Greene said...

Congrats Deb! This is a wonderful painting and I can see why you would feel a bit sad to part with it but someone else is very happy to have it.

Earthula said...

Congratulations! on the sale AND
the award!

Gaylynn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! One of my favorites, so I am not surprised that it sold :-)

Mary Sonya conti said...

Deb, thats the fact about your work; others feel a part of the art and fall in love with it. Congratulations!

Ann Buckner said...

Congratulations Deb! That is terrific.

debwardart said...

Vicki, Earthula, Gaylynn, Sonya and Ann - thanks, all of you!

Chris Beck said...

It's always bittersweet when one of the "babies" leaves the nest!! Congrats on both the award and the sale!! That was one FABULOUS painting!

Lisa Walsh said...

Congrats Deb! A well deserved honor for a beautiful painting. It's hard to see some paintings go, but someone fell in love with it, and it's hanging in their home where they can enjoy it everyday.

laura said...

Congratulations, on the prize and the sale! I'm not at all surprised--that painting is gorgeous--the light on the pears, the lace, the color of the pitcher: it has so many wonderful elements that ALL work!
And you can see it again anytime on your blog. Think how much the person who bought it will be enjoying looking at it.

debwardart said...

Chris, Lisa and Laura - thanks for your comments. It does make me happy that someone will be enjoying it every day in their home. And, as my husband says, "just paint another one" (Oh yeah, riiiiiight - gee, why didn't I think of that!!!!)