Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, October 22, 2010

ROSES - 1

These next few posts are some roses that I began painting as a class demonstration last spring. I had never fully completed them, and just recently took the time to do so.

My plan was to paint yellow and red, but then the class wanted pink and coral too! So, the first is a combo yellow/pink.

This rose has a base of Quin. gold, and then to the yellow side I added some hansa and cadmium yellow with green as the shadow. The pink side is some Quin. rose and a bit of blue, I think I used indanthrone blue, in the shadow.

6 comments:

Ann Buckner said...

That is a beautiful rose. Love the way you worked the form and cast shadows.

jyothisethu said...

beautiful flower nicely captured...
so! it need not be red always...

congrats...

Unknown said...

WOW! I wish I could do that!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Lovely, your class demo's are always fun to see.

olivia said...

wonderful colors. I like the gradation of colors !

debwardart said...

Thanks all of you.
Nancy - glad you enjoy the demos!