Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Saturday, July 30, 2011

FARMALL - 1

Like “All Mixed Up”, this painting began as a photo taken at the local farm show.
Since I intended to use this painting as a demo, I worked it in 3 stages to use as a “prop”. I began, as usual, by wetting the paper all over and dropping in color. I used simple red (quin. rose), yellow (hansa yellow) and blue (French ultramarine and cobalt).
When that had dried, I began adding more colors to the left and center, gradually building up some definition in layers.

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Ohhh, another one of your wonderfully busy (for lack of a better word at the moment) paintings. I love watching these unfold.

Diana said...

I know this will be wonderful. Love your work. I love farmalls too! I've enjoyed painting tractors and old cars and such, They have such character. Beautiful work! take care,Diana

debwardart said...

Carol - yep, it's busy, but don't know about "wonderfully busy"!!! Stand by for plenty more of this one!
Diana - thank you so much for your compliment. Anything old and rusty, or old and shiny in this case, is always fun to paint.

bazza said...

Hi. I really enjoyed your last few posts where you showed how that picture was made. Ilike the idea of taking photos and working lots of different ideas from that. Thanks for the info!
Click here for Bazza’s Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

debwardart said...

Thanks, Bazza - hope you return for more!