Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, January 23, 2014

BIRD OF PARADISE - 2

I added color to the background, because I thought it would be easier to lay the final pastels over the background rather than the other way around.


Here I’ve added more to the background and begun adding color to the flower.

4 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Looking good. Nice job on that background.

RH Carpenter said...

Looking good!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Its a beautiful flower Deb and you're doing it justice. I think its wise to complete the background first. It always impacts values of the focal point otherwise as you proceed.

debwardart said...

Thanks Vicki and Rhonda.
Jeanette, thanks for the comment. I'm new to pastels, and thought it made more sense to work the background first or I would smear the rest of the pastel too much!