Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, January 30, 2017

MY FAVORITE BRUSH

Showing the size of the brush

Enlarged so you can read the brush
My current favorite brush is a Silver Brush Black Velvet Small Jumbo Round.

Now that's a mouthful!!!  Also something of an oxymoron!

It's a great brush, very soft and holds tons of water.  I've had it for probably a year before I began using it, and now wonder why it took me so long!

I began using the Black Velvet brushes several years ago and would highly recommend them.  They are inexpensive enough that if the point dulls you don't spend a fortune to replace them, but they act very much like an expensive sable.

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I use only these Black Velvets, too, Deb - very nice and at the price, you can buy 2 of each (unlike the kolinskys!). Small Jumbo Round - kind of like Jumbo Shrimp?? Huh? Got your birthday card (picked up the held mail today) = thanks!!!

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear Deb I have seen others using these brushes. Ate the available at Kerry's Artorama or Cheap Joe's. Will be on the look out for them. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

Ginny Stiles said...

Gosh I have a black velvet I haven't used in ages. It is, however, a 3/4" flat.
I go through periods of using a lot of flats and then back to rounds.
My favorite round right now is a #10 Jack Richeson. Have you tried them?

debwardart said...

Yes, ladies, these are great brushes.
Rhonda, I agree - I have purchased a few extra on sale and they are in my "stash" for whenever I need them.
Ginny, I have not used any Richeson but imagine they are good brushes. I usually like flats better than rounds, but this one is coming in so handy!
Deborah - I think I get mine at Jerry's.