Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, July 4, 2008

Old Glory



In visiting several blogs, I see that some of you are putting up flag paintings, so here is mine. This is one of the small paintings that I use in beginning watercolor classes. Of course, there is the usual grumbling from the students – no way can they accomplish such a detailed painting! But then, of course, they do!

Makes me think of all the grumbling we Americans do. But in reviewing our nation's history, seems like we all pull together when the chips are down.

Our American flag, symbol of liberty and justice – long may she wave.

No comments: