Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Create Better Paintings (we hardly new ye . . . )

I was saddened to learn that the web-zine “Create Better Paintings” published by Jennifer King, will no longer be published, following the January issue. So, before she closes the website (www.CreateBetterPaintings.com) go over and take a look at it. She had articles from so many well known artists and the concept was great.

Here is a list of watercolorists featured there, and that is just the tip of the iceberg of talented artists whose articles were published – myself included! (Not implying that I'm talented, but I was truly honored that she accepted my article on casein –“Cay-What?” October, 2008).
Dana Brown - Soon Y. Warren - Christopher Leeper - Paul Jackson - Carla O’Connor - Charles Reid - Linda Doll - Judi Betts - Stephen Blackburn - Skip Lawrence - George James - Alex Powers - Birgit O’Connor
There are also many talented oil and pastel painters, too.

Jennifer - I will really miss the magazine and your professionalism. Good luck with all future endeavors.

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

I was sad to get the email saying they were ending this e-zine, which was really good and had a lot of great artists in there. You don't think your article and inclusion had anything to do with the demise, do you? hee hee Just Kidding!!! Your article was very very cool.