Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, October 3, 2011

TEAPOT AND ORB

Can you say PINK!

This photo wowed me (and my daughter!) so I decided to go for it.

Because I thought that this painting called for so many colors of pink, I decided to use watercolor for this one, since I have a lot of pinks in watercolor.

Once again, the painting was started from the photo and then redrawn. I decided to use some Fabriano paper I have had for a long time. In checking, this was the only piece like this I had, 300# with “Fabriano” embossed on it, but it doesn’t resemble any of the other Fabriano I have. It’s not Artistico, maybe it’s Uno which I don’t think they make any more?? Anyway, it’s a mystery and it’s very soft.

10 comments:

Gaylynn said...

I can not wait to see this one progress :-)

Christiane Kingsley said...

This photo wows me too:-) Can't wait to see the progress pictures.

martinealison said...

La photo est formidable et votre dessin plus que très prometteur ...
J'ai hâte de voir la progression de votre travail. Bravo!
gros bisous

Arti said...

wow..I would certainly wait for the WIP...

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Can't wait to see this one!! Your drawing is amazing! My initial drawings look like a second grader did it! (Then I go in and "fix" it with paint!!) Maybe that's why I like oils so much. As you know I didn't get in the Viewpoint, but I'm going to try to make the opening.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Gorgeous subject and so ripe for a watercolour - all those quins and opera pink and permanent rose - could go on forever. Great drawing - can't wait to see how it progresses.

debwardart said...

Thanks all!
Martine, I'll have to get a translator!!! Basically the picture looks great and the drawing is good and you look forward to seeing more???? Thank goodness for high school french (many years ago!)
Kimberly - drawing is taken from the picture, then redrawn diligently!
Joan - juicy pinks indeed!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

What Martine said! (I don't speak French but it sure sounded good!)I am soooo looking forward to seeing this one progress. It has such great possibilities, which I have no doubts you will carry off without a hitch!

PS..My word verification word was "fatrap"...is that, somehow, personal? Sigh

debwardart said...

Thanks Susan - was that personal to you or to me??? ha ha

laura said...

What a beautiful and elaborate drawing ... just the kind of thing I would like to do but then end up being too impatient to follow-through on!