Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, February 23, 2012

ABSTRACTED LANDSCAPE - FINAL

I had meant to get more photos in between beginning and end, but forgot!!!

You can see here the vibrancy of the colors I used, but there really isn't much punch in this painting.

After I added in black lines to outline each shape, you can see how different and vibrant the painting looks.  Certainly not my usual colors (what's up with that!). 

I probably should not be so dark in the orange part of the sky area, but, oh well.  This was a demo.  Overall I'm happy with the outcome and I think the students impressed themselves with their final results!

4 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Deb I had to laugh when I read that you 'forgot' to take more photos in between ... thats me also. I get so involved in the painting that it completely slips my mind. I really like how you handled this one. I love the black lines you've added. I'd say this was a winner and I can see where your students were impressed. Good job Deb.

RH Carpenter said...

WOW! You must have been hungry for color when you painted this, Deb :) Really beautiful and I like the addition of the outlines in ink or black pen :) I, too, would like to see a paler orange in the sky but it does work with the boldness of the other colors. Wish I could have come by today :(

debwardart said...

Thanks Nancy and Rhonda. It was fun to do - and so different from the way that I usually paint!

Christiane Kingsley said...

The black outlines make such a huge difference. I love the results.