Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I . . . AM . . . NOT . . . A . . . ROBOT . . . . . . .

What the heck is up with these stupid Blogger word verifications all of a sudden?  It was bad enough before when you looked at them, but at least only one word was required to be deciphered.

Now - two.  And it takes forever to figure it out, and of course each time you "miss" there is another jumble to look at.

I'm starting to feel like I'm playing the lottery - when the page says "your comment has been saved . . . " I expect to see little cherries flying around and I'm so happy I feel like jumping up and dancing a jig.

Good grief - is spamming REALLY so bad that we need to use an eye exam just to post a comment on a blog? 

"Is that an l followed by a d, or a b followed by an l".  Gee, I dunno - YOU figure it out.

We should all band together and inundate Blogger with emails and texts and tweets and maybe an actual phone call and have this stupid and probably unnecessary verification withdrawn.  Hey, it worked for all those Verizon customers who got extra charges taken off their bills, maybe we should try it!

Until then,

(I was going to insert a scan of some of their gibberish - but now the scanner on my printer doesn't work - even though I've scanned plenty of stuff in the past - jeesh - COMPUTERS).

7 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Yep, it's getting ridiculous!!! They squoosh the letters together and overlap some so there is no way to tell what it is - and two of them; why? Something about old fonts?? I read something about that but can't remember. Stupid reason - have us decipher fonts that can't be deciphered at the tilts and overlaps they do. Yep, going to write to Blogger and ask WHY?? Why are you torturing us???

RH Carpenter said...

Deb, I removed word verification on my blog so you shouldn't have to deal with that anymore. I still have moderation on so won't have to worry about spam getting through. You can take it off your blog, too. Everyone should do it - then they will go back to the old word verification that worked and wasn't such a hassle.

Studio at the Farm said...

LOL!!! They are very obnoxious!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I'm SO glad to hear someone else complain about this. I kept telling myself " if it doesn't like this next group of letters I type I'm just giving up" then I think "I wonder if others feel the same way when they post on my blog". A little security is really good because I hated receiving spam, but geesh!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Deb...our protest didn't last very long, I have had to turn my verification nonsense back on, also, due to receiving spam. It must be very discouraging for those who would like to comment on our blogs to get turned off with this verification process. Stupid! All because dishonest "robots" have to insert themselves into innocent blogs for their own gain (or is that devilish delight?!).

f said...

You are far from alone in your frustration!!

debwardart said...

At least we are all in the same boat together!