Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, August 10, 2012

COVERED BRIDGE COMMISSION - 3


I drew in my covered bridge, posts, foreground ruts and the main tree shapes.

I began adding color to some of the main trees and the bridge abutment.

Here I began adding some color to the bridge.


2 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

This is coming along great. I love the colors.
The background story behind the reference picture is very touching: it must be hard for you to forget it as you paint this.

debwardart said...

Christiane - even though I'm not a landscape painter, I did have a real connection to this painting.