Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

CARBAZOLE VIOLET

I’m in the process of creating a painting using my old nemesis - Carbazole purple (Daniel Smith).

As you can see from the photo, it’s a color with a mind of its own. This is how my drafting table looked after using one coat of the paint on my painting, even after I tried wiping it off as I went.

Two passes with Clorox Cleanup finally took the color off, but that didn’t prevent me from getting it all over my hands and the sink!

I swear, one teaspoon of that paint could cover all the walls in my house – twice!
My nemesis!

No comments: