Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, December 3, 2012

OHIO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY SHOW


My painting "Oriental Roses" hanging on the left.  I thought it looked large when I painted it
(full sheet) but it was "medium sized" in this show.
This Friday I went to Columbus, Ohio with some friends to see the Ohio Watercolor Society show.

The show is really, really good! And it is presented so beautifully – I was impressed with myself that I was in it! We took our time and really checked out each painting.

The gentleman at the front desk apparently told the Executive Director that one of the artists was in the gallery, and she came down to meet me. We had spoken on the phone, but it is always nice to be able to put a face to a name, and she was delightful to talk to.

We had some problems getting out of town (even with the GPS), then lunch on the way home and lots of laughter – all in all, a great “art day”!

If you are in the Columbus, Ohio area, take some time to visit the exhibit – it will run until January 13.
Riffe Gallery
77 S. High Street
Columbus, Ohio
Gallery Hours:
Tuesday 10-4
Wed and Fri 10-5:30
Thursday 10-8
Sat and Sun noon-4
Closed Mondays and state holidays
Here I am next to my painting.
Here is a photo of my painting (and me) taken by Rhonda.

1 comment:

Vicki Greene said...

Sounds like a great day and your painting looks beautiful!