Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, February 13, 2014

MARBLES - 2

I began painting the wooden box, glazing layers and adding some drybrush at the end.

 I then began adding some shadows in the deep portions of the box.

8 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Your wood grain is looking really good!

debwardart said...

Yes Ginny - I am truly a crazy person (but not as crazy as those who Tangle!!!!)
Thanks Vicki!

Kim Shirley said...

So...two minutes ago I was sitting on the couch, slowly savoring my brand new issue of Watercolor Artist that I got in the mail today, turn the page and BAM! I see your painting! WAY COOL BEANS!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
I'm really excited to see how this marble piece is going to turn out!

Unknown said...

This is going to be fun! I can't wait to see the marbles!

debwardart said...

Kim - don't cha just hate those "BAM" moments! Stay tuned for more marbles than you care to imagine!
You, too, Katherine!

Kim Rempel said...

Thanks so much Deb! I first painted as a plein air painter for years, and in the last couple of years have been giving abstract a go. It seems I feel as strong a connection to abstract as I do to trees : )I just found your blog and have started following. Your watercolours are beautiful!
Warmly,
Kim

Kathy Wirth said...

Wowee Zowee! Just saw your work in the April issue of Watercolor Artist magazine! Way to go girl! Someday I will be able to say "I knew you when."

debwardart said...

Thanks Kim, right back at ya!
Kathy - thanks - it's exciting, but as soon as all those magazines go into the garbage can, well . . . LOL!