Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, August 14, 2014

CHROMA PAINT TRIAL - 2

I began the paint trial by using the acrylics as I normally do, as though they are watercolor.

I created a simple still life from a gardenia in a beautiful blue and gold vase brought to me by one of my students using a doily that she had also given to me.  This was traced onto Arches 140# CP and taped to a board.

I miskited the areas of gold on the vase. 
Then I put out some "dots" of the fluid acrylics and one "blob" of the cobalt Classic, and I was ready to begin.
I added some colors of blues and reddish to the flower and down the vase, and then more of the blues in the shadow area. 
That was all I could do until the paper dried, so I sprayed some water on my paint and covered it with some cling wrap. 

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Looks like a great start, Deb!

Debbie Nolan said...

Deb - this is looking wonderful. I can't wait to see it finished. Had an artist friend that used chroma acrylics - he really liked them. Will be glad to hear what you think. Have a great day.

debwardart said...

Thanks guys, so far so good.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

never mind ;) I see you use miskit.
I took a workshop, this summer, with an artist who masks and pours. It was very interesting and fun.