Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

CHROMA PAINT TRIAL - 6

Here is the finished painting.  I added some gold leaf to the vase.
Gardenia in Blue Vase, 30x22, Chroma Acrylic (Free Flow and Classic) on Arches 140# CP
I'm not unhappy with the final product, but would probably have been more careful with the gold leaf.  Putting that glue on is like putting on miskit, and you have to be very careful with the placement.  In fact, in hindsight, it would have been better just to have painted in the gold but, that's what experimenting is all about, isn't it?

I liked the products.  The only difference I thought I noticed was that the fluid paint dried out a bit quicker than the Golden and DaVinci fluid acrylics do, unless that was my imagination.  I should probably do a comparison to the G and DaV paints, but don't think that is really part of the paint trial.

6 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Deb - this turned out beautifully. Just exquisite. It is fun to experiment and in your case it turned out so well. Hope you have a lovely week.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Beautiful finish as usual, Deb. Very impressive!

Vicki Greene said...

This is a lovely painting and your step by step post are very helpful. Good job!

debwardart said...

Thanks all - I was happy with the Chroma paint results!

Arti said...

'Magical'; I would say.And its you, not the Chroma :)

debwardart said...

Arti - thanks for this great compliment!