Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

THE VISITOR

NON - ART RELATED POST
PHOTO ALERT - IF VIEWING REPTILES GIVES YOU THE "WILLIES", 
SKIP THIS POST!!!

The dog began going nuts, barking and racing from window to window.  I suspected his Nemesis, the squirrel, was driving him to distraction.  

However, when I looked out the dining room door - it was not a squirrel I saw - - but this - - -

*

*

*

YOU WERE WARNED . . . . .

Yep - a big old black snake!
He was all stretched out - I'm guessing a good 6 feet long.  

Just then my husband appeared on the deck and I motioned to him and told him there was a snake on the porch.  He agreed:  "Yes, that's a snake" he said!  (Can't fool that guy!)

As I watched, the snake turned and slithered behind some deck detritus between the dining room and kitchen doors.  


Not sure how long it stayed there, but the dog would bark, nose in and then jump backwards! Finally I let the dog in - QUICKLY! - and the snake has not been seen since.  Thank goodness!

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

So interesting how the snake was all "rippled" as it slithered over the deck. Great pics of it.

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Mon dieu comme j'aurais eu peur !!... Je ne pense pas que je pourrais dormir dans la maison si celui-ci s'y est faufilé !
Qu'est-il advenu ?...
Est-il un serpent dangereux ?

❊ ♡ Gros bisous ♡ ❊

Debbie Nolan said...

Deb- this is one visitor I would not want. Glad he is gone for you as well. Have a great weekend.

debwardart said...

Carol, just what I want is good pix of a snake!!! LOL
Martine said: My God as I would have been afraid !! ... I do not think I could sleep in the house if it snuck it!
What happened? ...
Is it a dangerous snake
Martine, it's not poisonous, and actually is a good one to have (if there really are any good snakes!) as it will eat mice.
Debbie, I'm sure you have seen some of these around your property!
I must admit, I look out the door before opening it now!