Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Thursday, October 1, 2015

OHIO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY OPENING

On September 26 I attended the OWS opening at Middletown Arts Center, Middletown, Ohio (about halfway between Dayton and Cincinnati - hence the name of the town???)  The show will run through October 24.  For more information click here:  MAC.


As always, it's a good show, lots of variety.  There is a lot of talent in Ohio and surrounding states - you can be a member as long as you live in a neighboring state and are a member of one of the Ohio watercolor societies.

Here are a few photos to give you the idea of some of the paintings.  Taken with my iPhone, didn't want to drag my camera around, so they are not the best, but you get the idea!


That's my contribution on the right - the large blue-ish one with the clock.



The opening itself was not as well attended as I anticipated, but the dinner made up for it!  Pleasant company, good table chatter, followed by the awards and signature presentations as well as a lifetime achievement award for one of the OWS founders - Paul Melia.  This is just a sample of his work.  (Hint:  look for the faces!)  Google him for more of his amazing images!

Below is my painting - "Central Time"


2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I may have to talk Sweetie into taking me up this next week to see it - and the Viewpoint Show (may take a student to that one as she seemed interested).

Ginny Stiles said...

Adore the clock one Deb.
I have a photo of the old Marshall Fields clock in down town Chicago that a photographer friend sent to me. It's been in my folder for ages and I have not attempted it yet. This is GREAT inspiration. Wish it was at your house so I could see it on the 13th! Hoping weather will hold for us.
Really chilly up north now. 38 this morning.