Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, October 30, 2015

VISIT FROM A BLOGGER FRIEND

Me (on the left) and Ginny Stiles.  Her husband, Greg, took our photo - and since he likes trains,
Ginny suggested we pose in front of my train painting.
Ginny Stiles and her husband, Greg, stopped by on their way from Wisconsin to Florida.

Ginny and I met through our blogs, and met in person a few years ago when they were also passing through the area, but this was the first time they came to our house.

My husband "treated" them to a ride in the Gator to view the property and animals.  Then Ginny and I bonded over a cup of coffee while Greg and Mike investigated more of the property!  Unfortunately, Mike and I had to be off around 1 p.m. that day, or we would likely have spent more time together.  Ginny is enjoyable to be with, she is so full of energy and so involved in her art!

I know they planned to stay in Cincinnati overnight, and believe they toured the Cincinnati Art Museum before they headed down South. Hopefully they will return some day when we can spend more time together.

I've met so many great people through art and blogging!

2 comments:

Deborah Nolan said...

Oh how nice for the both of you. I visit from time to time Ginny' s blog. Both of you look great. Hugs!

Ginny Stiles said...

What a great hostess and a fascinating home and tour and farm.
We loved the whole event!!!
Thank you so much for spending the time with us!!!
Blogging sure can lead to wonderful things!
I am so impressed with your art in person!!!
Have a good safe winter now…I cannot imagine having to plow out your roads!!!