Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, March 7, 2008

Casein 2

Another of my casein paintings. This was actually my first series painted with casein.

I had purchased some watercolor canvas in pad form and found that I hated it! What to do now with all those sheets? I decided to try the casein out and had my husband cut me some small pieces of plywood over which I stretched the watercolor canvas and began painting. Not too bad.

These pieces were also created with the original sampler pack of paints, wherein I immediately realized how different the paints were compared to watercolor. They dried quicker, and did not blend the same at all! However, after some struggle I managed to create these pear paintings and I was hooked! Following these I painted some leaves (which sold) and some Venetian masks and then some cute little quilt squares which also sold.






No comments: