Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, March 14, 2008

More Beginning Casein





Here are a few more of my very first caseins. I was starting to get a handle on blending, and I think the blue/white one looks the best. My daughter likes them (they were from some pictures she took in Venice) so at some point I will just hand them over to her.
The black here was black casein mixed with the emulsion, so it looks somewhat like acrylic.
Sorry about the photos - I can't crop them since my Kodak still is not working. After an hour on the phone and no matter what she told me to do nothing worked, the tech finally got the drift that I had downloaded the update via my dial up, so finally the solution is to send me a CD to download from. If that doesn't work, I'm going to re-load my old, original version and live with the consequences ("Well, ma'am, that's your choice, but you won't be able to get tech support for that older version") but I won't worry if it comes to that since I never had any problems with the old version.
Like I said previously "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - so why, oh why, didn't I listen to my "gut".
I've got another casein pretty much done and maybe some day I'll be able to take it's picture, download it to the computer and upload it to my blog and you will be able to see it (ahhh, some day . . . . . .)
And while I'm on the topic of computer stuff, here's another bizarre thing (is it just me???). The color had been "off" on my computer for a few days and I've spent lots of time trying to get it back to the way it was. Well, all of a sudden, a little bit ago, the screen kind of "blipped" and my color is all back to it's original color!!!
I'm just to old for all this!


No comments: