Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, July 20, 2009

BATIK WORKSHOP

I spent part of last week cleaning the house in preparation for my first weekend workshop (ever!) in watercolor batik, and spent some time setting up all of the tables, chairs and supplies while my husband and son “spiffed up” the outside!

Anyway, Saturday morning I calmed my fears – after all, I’m the one teaching this, in my own home, what do I have to be nervous about??? (Other than – will they get lost, will they like me, will they learn anything, will they think I’m a bad teacher, etc. – you may be seeing some of my insecurities here!)

My worries proved to be unfounded. They didn’t get lost, I think they liked me and they learned something! And thankfully it was “do as I say and not as I do” because my painting was horrible on Saturday, although I redeemed myself a bit on Sunday!

But, like the dunce I am – I forgot to take a single photo! Next week I will, tho (at least I think I will remember, maybe???)

To see information about this weekend's workshop - check out Rhonda Carpenter's blog. Rhonda attended the workshop and was smart enough to bring (and use!) a camera (unlike me, the teacher - DUH). Rhonda took photos of her work in progress that you may be interested in seeing.

4 comments:

Deb Léger said...

Wow Deb, you know that if I was closer, I'd be there in a flash at your workshops! This one sounds great! Rhonda took some great shots.

Deb Léger said...

ps - did you ever think of doing some live online demos (with a video camera)? I'd be there!

RH Carpenter said...

Deb, you had a lot on your mind and had created a wonderful space for learning and painting - don't be hard on yourself. I know this weekend will be even better, you'll be more relaxed, and you'll remember that camera :)

debwardart said...

Deb - I don't have a video camera that hooks up to the web, so that won't be happening! I'll have more info in a short while about this process, so watch for it.
Rhonda - again, thanks for the pep talk! I'm sure I'll remember the camera this week. (Mike said your name wrong the other night - Wanda - and then we thought that might make a good cow name - so maybe one of the "No Name" cows will now be crowned Wanda - sort of in your honor!)