Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, March 8, 2010

CERAMIC ORBS WITH DAISIES - FLUID ACRYLIC WORKSHOP AT CINCINNATI ART CLUB


Slow but steady! I have added the blue lines to the orb on the right and the gold and brown lines to the orb on the left. The blue lines are flat painted, but the gold lines are raised on the actual orb and my goal is to make them look that way on the painting. I’ve also added a bit of color to the lace cloth.
And, as you can see, I decided to call t his "Ceramic Orbs With Daisies."

3 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

This is indeed coming along beautifully. I really like what you have done so far with the lines on the orb on the left-hand side: they already look almost three dimensional.
This will be another winner!

Gaylynn said...

Deb, "Ceramic Orbs With Daisies" is looking good! I am really drawn to the blue and white orb. I can not wait to see it finished. I am also looking forward to see the other pieces progress.
Again, thanks for a fun and informative time at the workshop.
Gaylynn

debwardart said...

Christiane - the left orb still needs work - I will attempt to add a bit more dimension.
Gaylynn - I like that blue/white one too. The workshop was so much fun - hope you said something good about me on the evaluation form!!!