Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Saturday, August 31, 2013

STARGAZER LILY - FINAL

After the flower was painted, I began the background.



It took a couple of passes before my background colors were dark enough. While the paint was still a little damp I spritzed a little water for the starbursts in the background.
This isn’t great, but it’s passable, and you can at least tell that it’s a lily! Maybe my next one will be better.
This was painted on a quarter sheet of Arches 140# hot press.

2 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

I think this is a very beautiful lily and you did a wonderful job on the background. I have never used hot press paper.

debwardart said...

Thanks Christiane - I don't use it often, but sometimes it's kind of fun to make a change.