Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

MUTT AND JEFF


This photo, taken at the ViewPoint opening, is too funny!

Here I am next to the Cincinnati Art Club president, Todd.

I met Todd at my first ViewPoint drop off about 5 years ago. He was so pleasant and sat down and talked to me for an hour that day.

Then, at the ViewPoint opening, I realized that some people probably could not reach the top of their paintings to hang their ribbons after the awards ceremony. I called out “Where’s Todd Channer – raise your hand” – and he did, almost brushing the ceiling with his hand! I then told everyone to find him and ask him to hang their ribbons if they needed help.

So that’s how our friendship started – me bossing him around!

The last year that I chaired ViewPoint Todd became president so I was fortunate to work with him. He’s a really swell guy, but he makes my neck hurt!

If you look carefully at this photo you will see that he is slightly slouching and his knees might even be slightly bent, and I’m still only about half his height!

I’m keeping this one on my desktop for a good laugh on bad days!

No comments: