Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, March 2, 2015

BOOKS AND MAGAZINES - OH MY!

My painting “Poured Yupo Peony” is included in the book AcrylicWorks 2: Radical Breakthroughs.  They even used it in an email promo, which I thought was really cool and unexpected.  My California friend, Chris Beck, sent me an email saying she had seen it online, so I double checked my emails on my computer (not my phone where those little tiny photos require magnifying glasses!).

The painting was created by pouring and dripping fluid acrylics on Yupo using taping to separate the layers. I used blue painter's tape so it wouldn't stick to the acrylics when I pulled it off, and so that some of the colors would run underneath to create the fluted edges of some of the petals.  Definitely not my usual support, nor technique, but that's what this painting was all about - getting out of the norm and trying something new.

In addition, another of my paintings is a Finalist in The Artist’s Magazine Over 60 Competition, with my name listed in the March magazine, but no photo.  It's one you have seen here on the blog multiple times.

6 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Deb - this is gorgeous and I can see why it was selected. Love it friend. Have a super day.

Barb Sailor said...

This is stunning and the colors are awesome...but...I especially like the textures and the way the colors blend together. You have used just enough sharp detail to enhance your focal point. Love this!!!

Carol Blackburn said...

Congratulations, how wonderful!

Arti said...

Its a stunning painting, Deb, no wonder it was selected!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This is a BEAUTY! Congratulations.
Thanks for sharing how it was achieved. I admire you for experimenting.

debwardart said...

Thanks to all of you!