Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, January 18, 2016

STUDIO

As you may have noticed, there has been no blogging by me lately.  Here's why . . .

I've been painting - just the wrong kind of painting!  As in walls and ceilings (yuk).  But I've finally decided the time has come to convert the kids' rooms into studio space.

My first priority was cleaning everything out of the rooms, my daughter's first.  You might note the shoe hanger to the right in the photos.  Yep - even after 8 years there were still shoes in it!!!   I've decided to hang onto it since it might come in handy as an art materials holder - I can hang it inside or outside of the closet, so for now it's "in reserve".

This is a walk in closet which had low shelves on both sides which I removed so I could store my chairs and tables, boxes and paintings.  

Storage for my folding tables on the back wall, folding chairs on right side, odds and ends that will
apparently  never leave my house . . . . and the shoe hanger on the right.

On the left is more storage on shelves and my paintings on the floor.  Yes, that's my
daughter's graduation gown - some things you just can't part with, I guess!
My son's room has a wall of closet doors and that closet proved to be a "walk through" - plenty of room to store my shipping boxes.  Not much else in there - YET!








2 comments:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Looks like you're making productive use of the space!

Debbie Nolan said...

Deb - looks like you have been quite busy. Sometimes at the first of the year it is nice to renovate and sort and organize, Good luck with your projects. Have a great week.