Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, February 16, 2009

FEELING BAD

I belong to a few groups, and when I join something I like to get involved, but I may be a bit overextended at the moment, as they all seem to have something going on at the same time – spring being right around the corner. Plus I’m teaching classes, plus attempting to run a house (into the ground, apparently!) and I find myself not doing anything very well.

I feel bad that I haven’t had a chance to sit down and take time to blog and check out the other blogs I like.
I feel bad that I haven’t had time to catch up on the stack of art magazines that now goes back 3 months (or more)!
I feel bad that I joined an online group that I have yet to involve myself with.
I feel bad that I haven’t gotten farther with organizing my art supplies.
I feel bad that I haven’t kept some promises I made.
I feel like I’ve been running like crazy to get somewhere, only to realize that I’m on a treadmill and no matter how fast I run, I’ll never get anywhere. My painting seems to always take a back seat to something else that “must be done”.

And, last but not least, I feel bad – as in SICK. Last week I was patting myself on the back feeling smug that I had not gotten the “winter illness”, even though my son was coughing and sneezing for several days. Well, guess what, I’ve got it now.

So I’m going to take a couple of days to slow down, maybe catch up on some of those art magazines, until I feel better. If you need me I’ll be buried under a soft comforter on the couch sipping hot tea and eating toast.

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Deb, we all push ourselves and then feel badly when we can't accomplish everything. I have known you for a while and never once saw a big S tattoo for SUPERWOMAN on your arm - so give yourself a break. Relax. Drop things you don't have time for (that includes my color group if you don't have the time - it's not a requirement for you to be in it for friendship!!) - and get well. Enjoy the magazines as you're resting and recuperating. Most of all - breatheeeeeeeeeeeee....

Gaylynn said...

Deb,sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. You need to put yourself at the top of your list and give yourself all your TLC. I look forward to your next post when you are healthy again.

Vicki Greene said...

I hope you are getting some well needed rest. I think many of us as artist think that we can do it all. I know that I have pulled back so much in the last year (from very good causes and wonderful groups) just because I can't do it all and remaind healthy and happy. Make sure that you take some time for yourself to recoup.