Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Monday, July 23, 2012

CIVIC GARDEN CENTER - BITS AND PIECES 2

I added some more color to the background and brought in some blues and grays to define the "x"s.  Obviously, I added more to the leaves and brought green into the window, as well as the black inside the window.

 Finally, I removed the misket and added dimension to the flowerets, put some more darks in the window area and added some white highlights.
I think this represents some of the elements of the Civic Garden Center - so I'm calling this one FINISHED!

5 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

I like it! The border add a really nice touch to the painting.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Just one word sums it all up - GORGEOUS! I love the addition of the one little floret bottom right - clever you Debs.

Ginny Stiles said...

I adore the "design element" in this painting.
Kind of a Zentangle approach! Go Deb!
Love how the design weaves through the painting!
Lovely palette of colors too!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Gorgeous!!! (As always!)

debwardart said...

Vicki and Ginny - I liked the idea of creating the border using the pagoda design - glad you like it too. Didn't know it was "zentangle-y" - thanks Ginny!
Joan, glad you think I'm clever!
Thanks Kimberly!