Deb Ward, GWS, OWS, PWS, WSI - WATERCOLOR/WATER MEDIA - My passion is teaching adult “beginners”. Weekly classes in my home; workshops; classes for Cincinnati Recreation Commission. My work is nationally recognized and published - see “Featured” on my sidebar. I’m a Signature Member of Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana state Watercolor Societies, Cincinnati Art Club, past-President of Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society. Contact info below under “Class Information”

Friday, November 29, 2013

FRAN MANGINO WORKSHOP

On October 25-27 the GCWS had a 3-day portrait workshop with Fran Mangino.

I did awful!  But it has spurred me to take some drawing classes, so that’s a good thing. 

Fran was a task master.  I’m sure that I learned more than I think I did, and that many of the comments are stored away in a compartment in my head; they will pop out at the appropriate time.  I don’t think I’ll ever be a portrait painter, even though I have done at least one that I’m happy with (my son-in-law).

While I meant to get lots of photos – of course – I only got a few!  Too much pressure!!!  And, since I was the hostess I felt obligated to make sure we had snacks, etc. in the a.m. and p.m. and did some light clean up each day.  However, here are what I was able to get.

I think these will be self-explanatory - as Fran moved through the process.















And - here is my painting - probably not complete but as done as it's gonna get!  I would like to do this one over at some point.


As usual, my good friend Rhonda, took some great photos and has lots of information on her blog.  If you would like to see information about the workshop, here are her links.

1 comment:

Debbie Nolan said...

Deb - this portrait of yours looks great. Seems to me you learned quite a bit from Fran's workshop. Hope you have a lovely day.